DS1 – DC Current Sensor in a Compact, One-Piece Design for Detecting Very Low DC Current Levels.
The DS1 DC current switch is smaller than other DC current sensors and simpler to use. It is non-adjustable so the output closes when there is current and opens with there is no current. It uses the same circuit voltage to power the sensor as the circuit being controlled so it is easier to install than other sensors. The DS1 current sensor can be powered by any DC voltage between 10 and 28 volts, and the solid state “contact” closes with a minimum of 0.75 amps DC through the sensing window. The contact can control a DC load up to one amp, up to 30 VDC.
- Compact design means it easily fits in crowded control cabinets
- Safer than shunt/relay combination
- Sensor power and switched load share a common point making
- installation easy
- Detects even low DC current levels
- As a Safety Interlock it is a non-intrusive method to keep
- personnel safe
- Alarm contact when a load is operating or when it is not energized
- Detect PV system leakage by monitoring the earth bond conductor
- Use the contact to turn on a lighting circuit when a load is energized
- Instant indication of equipment status